Grandmas & Moms swear by it through the ages, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) advisors keep secret stash of it. The elders term it as a health tonic, top chefs use it as a secret ingredient, midwives/nannies love it as a postpartum nourishment superfood. Here are some of the frequently asked questions, we have them answered! (Psst: We are SFA licensed)
Shipping Information / Bulk Orders/ Corporate Giftings/ Celebratory Gifts for Newborn 1st Month
* Shipping dates are subjected to harvest dates - please check out our harvest updates before purchasing, otherwise, your order will be shipped to you within 3-5 working days (Sundays not included)
* Local Shipping fee of $15 is applicable island-wide per order. (subject to change as we engage 3rd party delivery couriers so that we can concentrate on brewing the finest rice wine for you)
* Delivery days are: Wednesdays (orders placed on Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun) & Saturdays (orders placed on Mon/Tue/Wed)
* You will be receiving automated email notifications once the courier has picked up your order and is on the way to you.
* International Shipping is not available at the moment but we are working towards it and will announce it soon.
* Bringing overseas personally as a gift to your loved ones overseas? Malaysia? Australia? The United States? The U.K? Let us know! We will vacuum-seal the gift set for you to bring on your flight (checked-in)!
* Corporate Giftings for events with customized packaging or 做寿 / 满月 / 过大礼 / 喜酒 / Bulk order discount? Approach us at +65 8779 3480 (min. 2 month in-advance)
* Restaurants & Culinary supply contact: +65 8779 3480 (Whatsapp)
Understanding Rice Wine
* Rice Wine is an age-old tonic made of three ingredients: finest selection of glutinous rice, natural red yeast, purified water.
* Yellow Rice Wine and "Red Rice Wine" falls under the same category of Rice Wine - the only difference is that natural red yeast is used instead of normal yeast (yellow rice wine).
* Wine Lees is the essence concentrate as a result of the natural fermentation process in form of a paste that is highly nutritional and used to cook aromatic and delightful dishes.
* Rice Wine has always been a part of our cultural heritage here in Singapore for many years. You can use it for everyday cooking (no preservatives, no salt added unlike shaoxing).
* Medical benefits of Rice Wine:
- Promotes blood circulation (hence highly sought after by mothers after child birth as it reduces cramps..etc. and sipped by elders as a health tonic)
- Reduces inflammation*
- Boosts body immune system**
- Promotes healthy cholesterol level+
- Presence of lactic acid makes it a probiotic, promoting good stomach health
Psst: Chinese Premier Deng XiaoPing was advised by his top medical advisors and sipped a cup of rice wine everyday till age of 92.
* Characteristics of an excellent rice wine brew:
1. Color - good clarity in golden red/brown color when placed against a lit backdrop
2. Aroma - mellow, pleasant and mature fragrance
3. Taste - flavour should contain hints of sweetness, freshness, savouriness, nuttiness with slight bitterness/acidity all together
4. Character - an excellent rice wine should exhibit a harmonious character of all the above, that is the characteristic of the finest brew
* Fact: The true health benefits to aid post-birth recovery come from cooking with the finest glutinous Rice Wine since thousands of years ago!
* Alcohol is reduced and evaporated, leaving behind a nourishing aromatic dish. You need to cook a sauce for at least 20 to 30 seconds after adding wine to it to allow the alcohol to evaporate. Since alcohol evaporates at 172°F (78°C), any sauce or stew that is simmering or boiling is certainly hot enough to evaporate the alcohol. Hence it is perfectly fine to consume dishes cooked with rice wine during breastfeeding.
* Recommended average consumption for postpartum nourishment: 4 x Premium Rice Wine + 2 x Nutritious Wine Lees
* We may run out of stock sometimes as we are a small-scale brewer, please consider placing your order in advance to avoid disappointment.
Expiry/ Storage/ Usage Information
* Store rice wine in a dark and cool spot, once opened please refrigerate for freshness.
* Store wine lees in the fridge always to maintain freshness.
* We do not add any additives hence it is recommended to be consumed within 3 months from date of purchase for optimum enjoyment.
* Sustainability - we will be announcing soon our plans for recycling and purchase rebates in our care for the environment.
Terms & Conditions
* All goods sold are considered non-refundable - we will not be held responsible nor liable for any misuse/ harm caused from consuming our products or for the information provided on this Site.
* All ingredients are listed on the labels on the products, strictly for culinary usage only.
We would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, comments or feedback, get in touch with us.
Contact: +65 8779 3480 / email@example.com